Summer Greens bowl
Our friends at Detox Kitchen have kindly shared a recipe for their delicious summer greens bowl, which pairs perfectly with a Pentire Adrift and tonic for a healthy summer meal.
Here's what you need (Serves 1):
70g cooked mixed quinoa
A handful of cavolo nero, shredded
4-6 radishes, sliced
30g peas, defrosted
2 tbsp hazelnuts, roasted and roughly chopped
1 tbsp pumpkin seeds, toasted
A small handful of coriander, chopped finely
For the tomato and sweetcorn salsa:
5-6 cherry tomatoes, diced
1/2 can of drained sweetcorn
A pinch of salt
Cracked black pepper
A small handful of coriander, chopped
A small handful of parsely, chopped
Juice of 1/2 lime
For the orange tofu:
1/4 pack of firm tofu, cut into chunks
Juice and zest of 1/2 orange
For the tamarind dressing:
2 tbsp tamari
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp tamarind paste
1 tsp ginger puree
1 tsp maple syrup
1/2 red chilli, deseeded and chopped finely
Double all ingredients if cooking for two.
1. Marinate the tofu by coating it in the orange juice and zest, and leave in the fridge for at least 30 minutes (1-2 hours is great if you've got time).
2. Make your salsa by mixing all the ingredients together and popping in the fridge whilst you prep the rest.
3. Whisk your dressing ingredients together until well combined.
4. Assemble the bowl by placing the shredded cavolo nero and quinoa on the bottom and topping with the radishes, peas, salsa and tofu. Drizzle your dressing over the top and finish with the roasted hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds and a sprinkle of fresh herbs.
5. Enjoy along side a delicious Pentire Adrift & Tonic.
The Pentire community can also get 15% off their first order on the Detox Kitchen website. All you need to do is enter PENTIRE15 at the checkout.